Friday, September 16, 2011

Pack lunch faster- FREEZE IT!

To make my mornings easier I make items for bentos to freeze. If I'm in a hurry I can just grab something from out of the freezer. I listed some posts below of other items that freeze well.
This is
Teriyaki chicken drumsticks
Chicken patties, I made some of these into meatballs-  ground chicken, shredded carrots, ginger, salt, pepper.

I browned them under the broiler. Cooled them. Flash froze them individually on a cookie sheet.  Once frozen I transferred them to a zip top bag.
For easy lunches I take them out that morning or the night before and let them thaw in the lunches.

I also made and flash froze these carrot muffins in a mini muffin tin. Some in little cupcake/bon bon liners and some in little portion cups.


I've also made 
Meatballs
Mini quiche
Cookies
I also like to cook short pasta, toss it in butter or coconut oil, flash freeze it and then put it in a zip top bag. Perfect to add to soups or a bento plain.

Share your tips for faster lunch packing below!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. can I have to carrot muffin recipe?
    Alisa Hyde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Alisa, that recipe can be found here http://pleasegivepeasachance.blogspot.com/search?q=carrot+muffins

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.