Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mini Pumpkin Pies


Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie...I didn't have a lot of time to make pies this year because I didn't plan a head. I woke up today, Wednesday morning and decided to have our Thanksgiving meal today, I mean why not? We're thankful everyday anyway right? AND tomorrow both DH and Diva have the day off, on Friday DH will be studying. So I decided I would cook today and tomorrow we would just spend time together not in the kitchen. Lounging around, eating leftovers, snuggling on the couch- now that's something I can be thankful for! That all being said I have pumpkin puree in the freezer... and one pumpkin to process. I decided to process the pumpkin. That meant the pies wouldn't be in the oven until way later in the day. To give me more time I decided to spatchcock turkey, but I still needed the oven for everything else. Solution? Make mini pies in a muffin tin. Easy peasy and the cook time was about 30-35 minutes in a 375 degree oven. No recipe here, you need two pie crusts, or one pie crust recipe and a recipe for pumpkin pie filling. To cut the crust to size I took a cupcake liner, flattened it and put it on top of the rolled out crust and cut out circles with a sharp knife. I didn't bother fluting the edges either, I didn't have time really. I put each dough circle into the muffin cups and filled with pie filling. Put them in the oven and tested with a knife at the end of my cooking time. Aren't they cute? Sure they aren't dressed up with a fresh spiced whipped cream yet, but they will be. They were so easy to make, I did have a little pie filling left over, so I poured it in a ramekin and and going to eat it as a snack later. Pie without crust? Sounds good to me!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Katherine! I like the crust-to-filling ratio on these. I'm a crust girl, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol my DH said, there's a lot of crust in these (he's NOT a crust kinda guy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol my DH said, there's a lot of crust in these (he's NOT a crust kinda guy)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.