Tuesday, October 2, 2012

GPAC Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spice Cake

 It's PUMPKIN season!! YAY! I LURRVE pumpkin. Go type in "Pumpkin" in the search box to your left, and you will see how much. Pixie my four year old saw sugar pumpkins at the grocery store and started clapping, "they have pumpkins!!" So yes, pumpkins are a huge deal here. I either bake, steam, or put them in the crock pot to processes them. Then the seeds- NOM NOM, roasted of course.

For this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spice Cake. I thought all of these elements sounded good and would go together for this cake. I had some serious reservations when I poured it into the pan. I didn't think it would set! But it did and it's so good. I personally think the crumb topping is a little thick but everyone else in my family loved it and said it wasn't too much. So, if you like crumb topping use it all, if what's pictured looks like too much, just cut it it in half. Easy peasy. I always say to add pecans, I don't because Diva is allergic, sometimes I'll do half and half.


More with pumpkin
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Pumpkin Spice or Chai Spiced Carrots
Pumpkin Pancakes
Pumpkin Pie Shakes 2008
Pumpkin Pie Shakes 2011
Pumpkin Pie Shakes 2012
E book
Pumpkin Syrup and Chai Syrup for lattes and more
Oven Roasted Pumpkin Puree
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puree
Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Pumpkin and Wild Rice Soup
Search Pumpkin in the search box on the left for more!Want even more pumpkin? Search pumpkin in the search bar to your left.





GPAC Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spice Cake

1 eight ounce package of cream cheese softened
1-3/4 cups pumpkin puree or one 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
12 ounces or 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (I used 3/4 cup of powdered milk and enough water to make 12 ounces)

Topping
1 box spice cake - not prepared
1 cup butter (2 sticks, melted)
1 cup chopped pecans- optional

Preheat oven to 350.
  • Whip the cream cheese until smooth, add remaining ingredients and mix well. It will be liquid-y.
  • Pour into a 9x13 inch pan.
  • Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
  • Pour the butter on top of the cake mix.
  • Sprinkle with pecans.
  • Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. When the pan is given a little shake, the cake will be fairly firm. The filling may "wiggle" a TINY bit, but not a lot. You can test this with a butter knife also.
  • Serve with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle with nutmeg.
See why I was worried this wouldn't set? It's like water almost!
Spice cake mix on top, and melted (mostly) butter drizzled on top.

MMMMMM.
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.