Tuesday, October 27, 2009

GPAC Pumpkin Pancakes

Seriously, easy... EASY, YUMMY, WHOLE GRAINS and PUMPKIN. Not much else to say after that...


GPAC Pumpkin Pancakes
1 1/2 cups oats (rolled not steel cut)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk- or 1 1/2 cups whole milk with a tablespoon or so of lemon juice or vinegar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg- beaten
1/3 cup sugar
grated nutmeg
ground cinnamon
ground ginger
about 1/2 cup pumpkin puree

Mix the dry ingredients and spices together. Stir in wet ingredients. Add pumpkin. Stir to remove big lumps but leave the smaller ones. Cook on a griddle or frying pan, I use my crepe pan. These will be darker because of the whole grains but cook them like any other pancake. Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto a lightly greased pan- I only grease it for the first pancake. Flip once bubbles form on the edges and they are getting a little dry.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.