Monday, September 19, 2011

Pumpkin Puree (Crock pot)

Pumpkin season is finally here. I love pumpkin. Search "pumpkin" here on the blog and you'll see how much I love pumpkin. There's breads, muffins, soup, ice cream, pumpkin butter, lattes ... nom nom. This is the easiest way I make pumpkin puree. I have roasted it, but this is easier to me.
Wash and half or quarter the pumpkin. You need it to fit in your crock pot. I have a pretty big one. Discard the stem and scoop out the insides. Save the seeds for roasting- with salt, hot salt, curry powder, cinnamon sugar...
Put the pumpkin into the crock pot. Put the lid on top, turn it on low. Cook until you can pierce the pumpkin with the tip of a knife easily.
Scoop out the flesh. It's easier to wait until the pumpkin cools. You can peel the skin off easily with a paring knife or scoop it out with a spoon.
Discard the skin. Put the pumpkin in a food processor and puree it. That's it. I don't add water, I don't strain it. It's very smooth.
Some pumpkin recipes, search "pumpkin" for more-





Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.