Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Medley


We love this stuff, Diva requested it this week so I thought OK why not. She asked for small ones so we all could have one served in a "bowl" half but I just got a big one.

Related posts

Other noodle "replacement" posts
Zucchini/ Squash for Spaghetti
Daikon for Curry Noodle bowls
Zucchini for Chicken Paprikash 
Spaghetti Squash Medley

 1 garlic clove
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 chopped carrot
3 tablespoons butter
1 spaghetti squash
Depending on the size of your squash you may need more or less butter.
Black White and Spice or your favorite spices or salt and pepper.
Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds and place it cut sides down in a baking dish. Add a 1/2-1 cup water to the pan. Roast the squash until fork tender or put it in the microwave for about 10 minutes. I cover it with wax paper for the microwave and foil for the oven. Take a fork and scrape out the squash, it will be stringy like spaghetti.
Saute the vegetables in butter.  Season to taste and toss in the spaghetti squash.





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.