Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vegetable "noodles", Vegetable slicer.

I tagged this post primal/paleo because you can just leave out the grain noodles and use lentils as the binder in the meatballs. The plate you see up top there is Our Favorite Spaghetti Sauce, meatballs- I've used ground up lentils in place of binder NOM NOM, and a mixture of zucchini and regular wheat pasta. I did a mixture because I didn't want to change it all up on the kids at once. They all ate the zucchini, which I just blanched in the same pot as the pasta, at the end of the pasta cooking time. Then I drained it all together. They even said they LIKED it. So I'll be adding more and more zucchini and using less pasta. I have no issue with pasta I love pasta, but I like adding vegetables when I can into our diet. The thing is, I don't like whole wheat pasta. LOL. As light as the zucchini is, it still has a good bite to it- I can't wait to try it with this 3 ingredient red sauce!

This post is more about my handy dandy slicer. I use it for zucchini, carrots, daikon radishes, potatoes,  etc. I can't wait to use it with cucumber and beets also.


Whew, worse than usual picture.

I got my slicer at TJ Maxx I have wanted one for years though. It was on clearance for $12. It is this same kind, I just have blue plastic blade plates. I've had this for a while now and I've used it quite a bit. It's easy to use, easy to clean.
I just sent my parents one for Christmas too!
Amazon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.