Saturday, October 18, 2008

Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter

I love pumpkin... pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin bread pudding, pumpkin ice cream, pies, and more pies, pumpkin muffins... you get the idea... anyway as much as I love pumpkin I had never tasted pumpkin butter until today. OH SO GOOD! I wonder though when I make things if they taste the way they were meant to taste? Eh doesn't matter this is yummy. I had it in crepes and on pumpkin bread and oatmeal toast today.
It's so easy to make too!
More PUMPKIN recipes can be found HERE.
Make this in a pressure cooker, find the method HERE.


Wash the pumpkin, cut it in half...
Save the seeds! I will post roasted pumpkin seeds soon!
Put the pumpkin in a crock pot, cut it up to fit if needed. Add about 1/2 cup of apple juice.

Cook on high until tender.

Scoop out the flesh and discard the skin. Leave the juices that have accumulated in the crock pot.

Put the pumpkin back into the crock pot, add the spices, honey and sugar to taste. If you feel like it add some more juice...

Cook on high until thick and soft. Mash any lumps with a fork.

Cool and place in an airtight container.

Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter

1 pie pumpkin
ground cinnamon*
honey or maple syrup, to taste
evaporated cane juice/Sugar to taste
ground ginger*
ground allspice*
ground cloves*
grated nutmeg*
about 1/2 to 1 cup apple juice
You can sub all the spices above and add my Pumpkin Pie spice to taste. Start off with a little, you can always add more after tasting.



  1. Wash the pumpkin, cut it in half.
  2. Scoop out the seeds and save them for roasting!
  3. Put the pumpkin in a crock pot, cut it up to fit if needed. 
  4. Add about 1/2 cup of apple juice.
  5. Cook on high until tender.
  6. Scoop out the flesh and discard the skin. Leave the juices that have accumulated in the crock pot.
  7. Put the pumpkin back into the crock pot, add the spices, honey and sugar to taste. If you feel like it add some more juice...
  8. Cook on high until thick and soft. Mash any lumps with a fork.
  9. Cool and place in an airtight container.

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This look soo tasty! I'm a fellow pumpkin addict so I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe.I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.