Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pumpkin Pecan Pie - A Paula Deen Recipe

This is a Paula Deen recipe and it looks good. The pie turned out really nice, but I can't cut into it. I had to bake this one because I had no will power and cut into the pumpkin pie I made earlier as it is. So I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if it tastes as good as it looks. I couldn't find dark corn syrup at all today at the grocery store so I used light. I also added some cinnamon, cloves and ground ginger.

Preheat oven to 350 F

3 eggs
1 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (I didn't chop mine)
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell

Beat eggs with a hand beater. Beat in corn syrup, sugar, butter, pumpkin and vanilla. (I added the extra spices at this point) Arrange pecans at the bottom of the empty pie shell. Slowly pour the pumpkin mixture over the pecans. Bake for one hour or until a knife tip inserted 1 inch from the edge of the pie comes out clean. Cool to allow filling to completely set before serving.
Serve with whipped cream.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.