Friday, April 11, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

Operation clean out the pantry continues around here so I decided to make some Pumpkin bread to take to a friends house tonight along with a Caprese salad, and some cinnamon honey butter.I used up all of my granulated cane juice, so I wasn't able to make a topping for this bread, I am including a topping if you have the sugar available. Also I made these mini cakes and a loaf.

What you need
1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups sugar (I didn't have 3 cups I had maybe 2 1/2)
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
nutmeg- I don't know how much I used I just grated some in there
1 teaspoon or maybe 3/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger


Topping-
mix together
melted butter
sugar
cinnamon
when your bread is done poke holes in it with a skewer and drizzle this on top.


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix together your pumpkin...









eggs...








water...








oil...











sugar...






and vanilla. I think I will add some applesauce next time. Mix it up and set it aside.







In another bowl mix your flour, salt, baking soda...










cinnamon...






nutmeg...









ground ginger...








and cloves.









Stir it up.








Add your dry ingredients to your wet.





Stir it until moist.









Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans, or whatever you want.







My loaf pan.

Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.








Cute little cakes.





.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.