Monday, September 28, 2026

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Crispy edges, chewy centers)

Another Chocolate Chip Cookie. This one is crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside. This is a recipe I would make again. I really like the texture. I might use a few tablespoons less sugar next time. 


My vanilla is so nice and dark! I love it. 

How pretty are these cookies on the bottom?




Chocolate Chip Cookies 

(Chewy in the middle, crispy on the edges)
3 cups All-Purpose Flour (375g)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 sticks Salted Butter, softened to room temperature
1-1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed (250g)
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar (150g)
2 large Eggs
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 cups Semisweet, Bittersweet, or Milk Chocolate Chips, or a mixture (436g)
1 teaspoon Flaked Sea Salt (optional)
  1. Sift or whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Sifting helps make sure there are no lumps in the baking soda. 
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix/beat by hand, using a stand mixer, or a hand mixer. Beat/mix until creamy and fluffy, but not whipped.
  3. Add eggs and vanilla and stir in until completely combined. 
  4. Stir in the flour mixture on low until just combined and there are no dry spots of flour. Do not overmix.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips.
  6. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough and form balls. Line them on a lined cookie sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
  7. Preheat oven to 350*F.
  8. Either sprinkle a little salt on the top of each cookie or sprinkle salt on the cookie sheet before placing the dough on it. I like both ways, salt on top or bottom. Just do one or the other, not both methods. Place cookies about 1.5 inches apart to leave room for spreading on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Or use a silpat.  
  9. Bake for 9-13 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown. The centers still soft. Optional: take the pan out of the oven and tap it on the counter to deflate the cookies once in the middle of the cookie time. Then again when you remove them from the oven. Let them cool on the oven for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. 

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.