Monday, September 28, 2026

Manic Monday: Jiffy Cornbread



Quick Jiffy Cornbread- so easy, and it's nice when you have leftover corn on the cob. It turns out best when cooked in a cast iron skillet. I also poke holes on top and pour melted butter and honey on top once it's out of the oven 
These photo are a double batch, and updated. I deleted the older photos. This was originally posted in 2008. 





Jiffy Cornbread with Extra Corn

2 tablespoons of bacon grease, or butter
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 ear cooked corn on the cob


Topping:
3 tablespoons butter melted, optional
3 tablespoons honey, optional

1. Preheat your oven to as directed on the box. 
2. Place your pan in the oven with the 2 tablespoons of bacon grease to heat up. 
3. Mix your batter according to the directions on the Jiffy box, with the egg and milk. Set it aside.
4. Slice the corn kernels off the cob, and separate into little pieces. Take the back of your knife and run it down the empty cob to get all the corn sugars out of there and fold in to your batter.
5. Bake as directed on the box.
6. Remove from oven. Poke the cornbread with a chopstick and pour melted butter and honey mixture over the top. 
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.