Saturday, April 12, 2008

Quick Jiffy Extra Corn Cornbread

Quick Jiffy Extra Corn Cornbread- so easy, and it's nice when you have that one roasted cob of corn in the fridge leftover from another nights meal. This was good with the Sorta Senate Bean soup. And like I stated before so inexpensive to make this meal.

1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 ear cooked corn on the cob

preheat your oven to 400 degrees... or whatever it says on the box I don't remember. Mix your batter according to the directions on the Jiffy box, with the egg and milk. Set it aside, this is nice because it gives the batter some time to set like it says on the box.







Slice the corn kernels off the cob, and separate into little pieces. Take the back of your knife and run it down the empty cob to get all the corn sugars out of there.





Add this to your batter.








Fold it in...










Put it into your vessel of choice.








Bake as directed. Mine took about 30 minutes.








Now the next step is up to you, but I had to fill my butter crock... so...





I put the empty butter foil on top of the hot cornbread to let a little butter melt on top.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.