Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chipotle Rub Carnitas (Crock pot)

Recently I was gifted with some Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub seasoning, my friend Becky who is a Pampered Chef consultant tossed it in with my order. I decided to use it since avocados were 10 for $10, and pork loin was on sale also. I made use some carnitas in the crock pot, easy peasy.
If you don't have the Pampered Chef Chipotle rub I'll be posting my Smokey Ancho Spice soon.
You can do this with chicken and beef also!
Smokey Ancho Chile Spice
Crock pot Carnitas
Chipotle Carnitas (Crock pot)
Carnitas 
Holy Mole Carnitas
Carnitas as leftovers for breakfast
Carnitas as leftovers in Green Chile Stew

I used a few clementines, and forgot the sticker off of one apparently!

Chipotle Rub Carnitas (Crock pot)

Pork loin
juice from 1 orange
zest from one orange
1-2 cloves of garlic minced or grated
1-2 tablespoons  Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub
salt 
pepper

Rub the meat with the spices and put it in the crock pot with the orange juice. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Once the meat is tender shred it with two forks.
Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.

Serve in tortillas, lettuce or cabbage leaves. 
Don't forget
cilantro
lime wedges 
jalapeno slices
shredded carrots
tomatoes
guacamole
olives
sour cream
cheese
pico de gallo or salsa

 This Mix and Chop is pretty hand for guacamole!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love Pampered Chef! I just used the Deep Covered Baker I ordered. It is just as awesome as everyone says! I need to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was eying that baker! hopefully soon! lol

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.