Friday, December 21, 2012

GPAC Smokey Ancho Chile Seasoning

This seasoning can be used for so many things.
Soups
Stews
Grilling shrimp, fish, chicken, pork, beef, vegetables
Roasting meats, vegetables
With meats in the crock pot- sprinkle it on pork or chicken. Once cooked shred it and serve as pictured above, over a salad, in lettuce wraps and more.
Use it to season tortilla, sweet potato, plantain chips, or potato chips
It has a smokey flavor, a little sweet. The Ancho Chilie powder is where the smokey flavor comes from, if you want less smokey use 1 tablespoon of the Ancho and 3 tablespoons of the chili powder. When used as a rub it caramelizes beautifully! Use as little or as much as you'd like. If you've never used coriander seed it is fragrant and so good. I use my spice grinder to grind it up. It is cilantro seed but does not taste the same.

GPAC Smokey Ancho Chile Spice

Use dried spices.
2 tablespoons ground Ancho Chili powder
2 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon marjoram
1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
salt
pepper


  1. Stir together.
  2. Keep in a tightly closed container in a cool dry place.

Use as is or when you want a rub that caramelizes beautifully add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to 4 tablespoons of Smokey Chipotle Spice. Rub it dry on meats or mix with a little bit of oil to make a paste, rub it on meats before cooking. Perfect for roasting chickens!
I hope you'll try this recipe, and let me know how it goes!
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.