Thursday, March 2, 2017

Crispy Chicken Thighs

Crispy Chicken Thighs
My favorite part of the good ol chicken is the thigh. Unless you can count the skin when it's crispy. The oyster if that was a choice. But for simplicity's sake, the thigh is my favorite. I've always been a dark meat girl. This crispy chicken combines both crispy skin and juicy dark meat. I buy the thighs on the bone. It's easy to de-bone them with kitchen shears or a boning knife. I save the bones, as shown in this post for chicken stock. After I process them I flash freeze so that I can pull out a certain number of pieces for soups, grilling, broiling, or my favorite way to have them is these is crisped up in a cast iron skillet as shown above.

Simply seasoning these toss them in a cast iron to crisp them up.
There isn't that many ingredients in this, just use your favorite seasonings. Change it up depending on the rest of your meal. Asian, Mexican, Italian, Greek, spicy, mild. Whatever you like. Just not too many leafy seasonings that burn easily. I use the same method as I do for this Crispy Duck Gaeng Phet. Cold skillet, skin down. It's so simple you can't mess it up.

Click to find more Whole 30
recipes here on Give Peas A Chance, or use the search function. 

Crispy Chicken Thighs

Boneless chicken thighs
Seasoning*

  1. Rub the seasoning all over the chicken thighs.
  2. Place them in a cold cast iron skillet skin side down, be careful not to crowd the pan. (A heavy bottom skillet will work also.)
  3. Turn the heat on to medium high. Leave the heat in the pan and let the chicken start to render fat and cook. 
  4. Cook the chicken half way through with OUT turning or moving the duck.
  5. Once the chicken is cooked half way turn it over and cook the other side.
  6. Repeat with remaining chicken. Pouring off rendered fat as needed.

*Seasoning ideas-
Fajita- omit the corn starch
Five Spice
Currycurry powder, turmeric, ground coriander seed, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper 


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on

 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.