I use this Creole seasoning for Jambalaya, sprinkled on eggs, roasted vegetables, roasted chickpeas, seafood, potatoes, and meats. It's perfect for stews and soups also. You can rub it onto steaks and chicken before roasting.
I make this salt free so I can control the amount of salt in each dish. If you would like a seasoning salt for the table or cooking, add salt to this to taste. This Creole Seasoning would also make a great gift for your favorite cook.
Creole Seasoning5 tablespoons Paprika (34 grams)
2 tablespoons granulated Onion (13 grams)*
2 tablespoons Garlic powder (15 grams)
1 tablespoon whole Black Pepper (5 grams)
1 tablespoon Basil (4 grams)
2 tablespoons Oregano (4 grams)
2 teaspoon Thyme (2 grams)
2 teaspoons Cayenne (2 grams)
Makes 82 grams
- In a spice grinder, grind the black pepper until finely ground.
- Add the remaining spices and pulse a few times to mix.
- Store in an airtight container.
- As there are no preservatives or additives to make this free flowing keep it away from moisture so it doesn't clump.
- I keep this salt free so I can control the amount of salt throughout every recipe I use. Adding salt will help keep this a little more free flowing, add according to your tastes.