Monday, September 17, 2012

Spicy Black Bean, Garlic and Green Bean Stir-fry

I found a bunch of pictures from January 2011. That's not to say I don't have other files labeled "Jan-Dec BLOG ME", I just happened to open my January 2011 one today. I found, Pumpkin Caramel Rolls, Cheesecake, soups, and Green Bean Stir-fry. So simple, and inexpensive. It's a quick go to stir-fry.
I searched GPAC and didn't see it posted so, here you go! I love green beans this way. Spicy, crisp tender. Perfection. The only thing that would make this better is a burner that shoots out high BTU's to give you that restaurant wok hot flavor.
 Do you cook with green beans often? I only do a few things with it, soups, roasted, and in stir fry. I don't steam them often because I'm the only one who eats them that way.
More green bean recipes
Thai Basil Stir Fry
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
Crispy Duck Gaeng Phet
Curried Quail Eggs
Green beans for baby
Stir Fry Green Beans




Spicy Black Bean, Garlic and Green Bean Stir-fry

2 large handfuls of green beans, cleaned and trimmed
1-2 cloves of peeled and minced garlic
1-2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
1-2 teaspoons sesame oil- spicy or regular
2-3 tablespoons black bean sauce- make it, or buy it

In a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Not browned. Toss the green beans in the pan. Add the sesame oil. Cook until almost done, stirring only occasionally. Add the black bean sauce and cook until the green beans are done. Add 3-4 tablespoons of water and cover the pan to steam the green beans if you want them a little steamed. I like mine crunchy. 
Serve while hot.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.