Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bento 2010-31, 32, 33, 34 Curried Quail Eggs


 Surprisingly this didn't take me long. At night I put the rice cooker on timer. In the morning I cooked the sausage, then I threw the carrots and green beans in to blanch the last few minutes. The quail eggs I did boil the night before. I peeled them and tried to mold them. They were a mess in those molds. I trimmed the edges that the mold flattened and curried them. (recipe below). 
For the sun I just put some rice in a bowl, sprinkled turmeric on top and mixed it up. For the ground I mixed rice with Rousong, Moo Foui, pork floss.
The sorry quail eggs I just cut little slits into the tops and put rounds of carrots on top to make ears.


 Piglets lunch. With a tomato balloon.

 Pixie has a seal in her lunch. Go figure. She even tried her tomato.
 Mine is all sorts of boring, but I don't like food mixing and touching.


Curried Quail eggs

You can do this with chicken eggs also.
Boil quail eggs for 3 minutes.
Peel the eggs.
Put them in a pot with a sprinkle of curry powder and splash of soy paste. You can use soy sauce also.
Heat until fragrant.
Easy and flavorful.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.