Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stir Fried Green Beans


More green bean recipes


Stir Fried Green Beans

Green Beans- 1 1/2 pounds- about that? Trimmed.
1 tablespoon oil
1 inch ginger minced
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 t red pepper flakes
1 T water
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2-1 teaspoon brown sugar



Cook the green beans by blanching them or steaming them until they are crisp tender. Don't over do them. Place them in an ice bath to stop the cooking and keep them green. Drain well.






In a pan heat the oil and cook the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and sesame oil until fragrant. Add the rest of the ingredients except the green beans.






Add the green beans, toss to coat and warm through.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try these. I am really not a big cooked green bean eater, but this sounds yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh...I can already taste these, Sis!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.