Thursday, April 5, 2012

When I grow up, I wanna be a Roti...

 I've posted these before, here.If you haven't tried them, you should. They are my mom's shortcut Roti. I haven't changed much of anything. These are so simple. They aren't good for you, but they taste so good. These still remind me of my mom and special treats. We didn't have these often but I certainly remember them.
You can fill them like crepes also, but they are thicker.


Wannabe Roti

Flour tortillas
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup heavy cream
Pinch of salt
Ghee or Unsalted butter
Sweetened condensed milk

Beat cream, salt, and eggs together. Heat a skillet with butter or Ghee.
Dip the tortillas in the batter like you would French toast. Pan fry on medium low heat until the eggs are set.
Keep them warm and finish the other tortillas.
drizzle with sweetened condensed milk, roll like crepes.
You can use these like crepes also, fill with fruit or something savory.

Crepe recipes on GPAC
Cinnamon Crepes with Strawberries (for Pixie/baby/toddler recipe)
Crepe batter (Nutella, Banana, and Raspberry Crepes)
Spreading crepes (Method)

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. They really look so yummmy.... but I have to pass because I am a wuss. Hubs would be all over them though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.