Saturday, December 1, 2007

Nutella, Banana, and Raspberry crepes


I made these for lunch today, I know they look more like dessert but oh well they were so GOOD!
These are really easy to make, you don't need a special crepe machine or anything, I have a little crepe batter spreader, not needed, it's the first time I ever used one and I have made crepes a lot and these weren't any better or worse because of the spreader. You can use the back of a ladle also to spread the batter.
Crepe recipes on GPAC
Cinnamon Crepes with Strawberries (for Pixie/baby/toddler recipe)
Crepe batter (Nutella, Banana, and Raspberry Crepes)



I used my Le Creuset CI skillet, it's the only non-stick coated pan I have, everything else is stainless steel.







For the batter beat until well mixed-
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 teaspoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
fresh grated nutmeg

Have butter on hand to lightly grease your skillet if needed between crepes. Preheat your skillet on medium low heat. I can't tell you exactly how hot, you just have to experiment. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the middle of the skillet, pick up pan and turn it around to spread the batter into a thin layer. Or use your crepe batter doo-hickey.



You can either just cook the one side of the crepe or you can flip it and cook the other side.
They should be lightly browned.
Remove crepe onto a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining batter, no need to put a paper towel between each crepe.




You can fill these crepes with any sweet filling you like, for a savory crepe just omit the nutmeg, and vanilla.
Mine were filled with Nutella and slices of banana. I topped them with fresh whipped cream, banana slice, raspberry, chopped hazelnuts, syrup and some melted Nutella.



Crepe Batter

2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup all purpose flour
tablespoon cooking oil
2 teaspoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
fresh grated nutmeg


  1. Have butter on hand to lightly grease your skillet if needed between crepes. 
  2. Preheat your skillet on medium low heat.
  3.  Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the middle of the skillet, pick up pan and turn it around to spread the batter into a thin layer. Or use your crepe batter spreader.
  4. You can either just cook the one side of the crepe or you can flip it and cook the other side.
  5. They should be lightly browned.
  6. Remove crepe onto a paper towel lined plate or a cooling rack. 
  7. Repeat with remaining batter, no need to put a paper towel between each crepe.


You can fill these crepes with any sweet filling you like, for a savory crepe just omit the nutmeg, and vanilla.

Mine were filled with Nutella and slices of banana. I topped them with fresh whipped cream, banana slice, raspberry, chopped hazelnuts, syrup and some melted Nutella.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I thought the pork looked good. This looks better. If I can ever not eat the whole freakin' jar with a spoon I might make this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.