Thursday, March 29, 2012

GPAC Best Caprese Salad

I LOVE caprese salads. LOVE. This is how I love them best. Actually my whole family loves this salad, and who doesn't love buttery avocado? NOM NOM. I can not wait until summer for gorgeous tomatoes. I can't seem to grow anything though! How about you? Do you have a garden in the summer?


Tomatoes- slices or chopped, I don't prefer cherry or grape tomatoes
Fresh mozzarella
Basil leaves
Avocado
Fresh cracked pepper
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar- reduced or not depending on time

Slice the cheese, tomato, and avocado. Assemble like shown, or chop everything and toss like the picture below. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle some fresh cracked pepper, salt, and basil leaves on top.



Sometimes I just chop it all up...

Here are some others I've posted


Old school 2008 post!
This post is linked to these parties! LINK
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait until our tomatoes come in season around here. You have managed to make my mouth water already this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that ! I wish I could grow tomatoes! LOL

      Delete
  2. I've never tried Caprese salad, but it looks so yummy, I'll have to make it! Thanks for visiting my blog and inviting me over! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.