Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chaotic balance.


Our power was out for over 24 hours. It was so hot, I didn't even want to grill, move, cook (gas stove) or anything.  So we had some tuna, cheese, tomatoes and olive salt on crackers for lunch. Piglet and I love this olive salt, it's so GOOD. It was funny we were eating and I looked over at the Olive salt... with the baby spoon in it. This folks, is my life. A gourmet foodie item with a baby spoon in it. I love it. There is a chaotic balance if you will. A little bit of epicurean froo froo goodness mixed in with sticky fingers, sippy cups, goldfish crackers and little faces to wipe up. A plate of salmon sashimi on a child's pink plate enamel that says "princess" on it. Sitting down to a bowl of sashimi chirashi and every other bite your one year old sticks her hand in your bowl picking out salmon roe because it's her favorite. Sometimes just trying to sit through a meal without getting up to refill a milk 20 times or wipe a spill is a miracle. But it's still somehow perfect. There's a balance of wanna be foodie and drive through craziness. Perhaps that's an oxymoron to some- chaotic balance. To me it's the sweet life. Who say's you can't have it all?
Lunch was so good. Kind of like a long day out in the woods coming back to the campfire good. OK not THAT good, but scavenger good, if that makes sense. Piglet decided that the olive salt was good on her fruit salad too. I don't blame her, I love it on strawberries.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.