Thursday, March 15, 2012

BEST Bread Machine Buns

 I have this... habit of always looking for new recipes. If I have a favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, I am always tempted to try a new one. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I feel like I'll miss out on something fabulous if I don't. I do use the same foccacia recipe, maybe variations but it's the same recipe. This may be one of those recipes. I just really like these buns. Perfect for pulled pork, burgers, sandwiches. They are easy to make. Soft, but the whole wheat gives them substance. Slightly sweet from the maple syrup, you can use honey but I never seem to have that on hand when I want it.


Looking for Cole Slaw?
Spicy Broccoli Slaw
Asian Style Slaw
Simple Cabbage Salad


BEST Bread Machine Buns
Adapted from Allrecipes.

1-1 1/4 cups milk (285 g/10 ounces), warm
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey (106g/3.75 ounces), warm
1 egg
3 tablespoons-ish butter,(32 g/1-1/8 ounce) softened or melt with the milk and syrup
1 cup whole wheat flour (141g/5 ounces)
2-3/4 cup all purpose flour (390g/13.75 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 heaping teaspoon yeast (6g or 1/4 ounce)

Topping
melted butter to brush on rolls
sesame seeds or poppy seeds to sprinkle on top


  1. Place all the ingredients, except the toppings in the bread machine / bread maker.  
  2. Start the dough cycle. During the second knead, check the dough to see if it needs flour or milk. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
  3. Once the cycle is complete, divide the dough into equal portions. Spray your hands with cooking spray. Depending on how big you want your rolls. Shape into rounds, by turning the portion of dough into itself. 
  4. Place seam side down, on a greased cookie sheet. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise for one hour. Until doubled.
  5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  6. Bake the rolls for 10-15 minutes. Rotate pans halfway through if you have two pans in the oven.
To make these without a bread machine.
  1. Add yeast to milk and honey, proof for ten minutes bowl of a mixer.
  2. Add butter and eggs.
  3. Add flour and salt, mix with the dough hook until dough comes together.
  4. Knead for 5 minutes.
  5. Cover and let rise until doubled. If you have an INSTANT POT DUO, you can proof the dough on the yogurt setting, set to LOW. 
  6. Follow steps three to six above to finish the buns. 
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I used to always use my bread machine to make my breads, then pull it out and shape it and bake it in my oven. I haven't baked bread since finding out I had candida.

    Your rolls look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using my bread machine for all the hard work!

      Delete
  2. Great - a bun recipe. Thanks for linking it in to Food on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.