Thursday, January 19, 2012

Asian Style Coleslaw

I've already posted this recipe HERE. I haven't made it in a while, so I did the other day and the older girls loved it. So I thought I would post again.

Asian Style Coleslaw with Ramen noodles 

Dressing
2 tablespoons sugar
3-4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1 package of seasoning from beef Ramen noodles  (I use Mama brand noodles)
1/2 cup oil- something that is neutral in taste
2 tablespoons sesame oil

Salad
2 tablespoons sesame seeds- toasted
1/2 cup sliced almonds- toasted
green onion chopped (about 1/4 cup ish?)
1 package of coleslaw
dry Ramen noodles broken

Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a blender except the oils. Blend and slowly drizzle in oils. (If I'm in a hurry I put it all in a jar and have the kids shake it up.)
Toss salad ingredients in with the dressing and serve immediately.
You can make the dressing before hand also. I don't toss everything together. I make the dressing and toss just what we will eat together and store the rest separately.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Good post. You might be interested in a spicy and crunchy cole slaw I made http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2011/11/spicy-crunchy-coleslaw.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.