Monday, October 8, 2007

Foccacia lunch...


Today DH had the day off (Columbus Day) so I decided to make a nice lunch for us. So when I got up this morning I threw the ingredients for a foccacia into the bread maker and made some bacon in the oven. By the time the bacon was done I was able to take the foccia dough out, have Diva help me spread it into the pan and poke holes in it with her little fingers and make the herb infused oil to go on top of it. The recipe is so easy and fast that I definitely will make it again for sandwiches. We had Foccacia sandwiches for lunch with salad and DH made some cinnamon ice cream. In our sandwiches we had mayo, horseradish, muenster, bacon, avocado, tomatoes and lettuce. Both the girls really enjoyed lunch.
This time around I did sprinkle the top of the foccacia with sea salt as per request from DH. He must be special I used my nice pink sea salt.



Foccacia recipe
for 1.5 pound bread maker (or higher)
1 cup water 80 degrees
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp Italian seasoning (dry) I used more
2 tsp active dry yeast

put ingredients into bread maker in order listed, set machine on pizza dough cycle. When it is done with well oiled hands, press the dough into a greased 9x13 in pan, make indention's with your finger tips in the dough, cover and let rise 20 min. While it is rising I put about 1 cup of olive oil into a pot with 4 cloves of crushed garlic, dried rosemary and red chili pepper flakes, I let them warm up and turned off the heat to infuse the oil. Then I took it off the heat and let it cool. After the dough doubled in size I brushed it with some infused oil and sprinkled sea salt on top of the dough, I baked it at 400 degrees for 20 mins. I make extra infused oil because Diva likes to dip breads into it.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing I need a bread maker... I hope I am as inspired in cooking as you once my little one comes along, I'm a little behind the curve right now... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw friend you're pregnant put your feet up! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.