Saturday, December 26, 2009

Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb

I love lamb. Traditionally we have Prime Rib and King crab legs for Christmas dinner, but this year we had Roasted Lamb and King crab legs. I cooked it to 140 degrees THEN let it rest and continue to cook on the counter. Perfect. Piglet's favorite part of the meal, even more so than the cake. So tender and juicy.


Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
No real recipe
Tie the lamb with butchers twine for even cooking
Marinated it with minced garlic cloves, olive oil, red wine vinegar- just a splash, sea salt, rosemary and thyme. (I only marinated it for a few hours, I think overnight would be awesome.)
Roast the lamb (discarding the marinade) at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
 Turn down the oven to 325 and roast until the lamb is to 140 degrees. At 140 degrees take the lamb out of the oven and tent it with a piece of foil and let it finish cooking.
 I used the drippings for Yorkshire pudding.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees)

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. It was extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I hould have come to your house for Christmas dinner. That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.