Saturday, April 26, 2008

Roasted Lamb Shank (half)

***I apologize now to any vegetarians reading this post. You might want to look away.***



It's a thing of beauty is it not? The girls inhaled dinner tonight, Piglet had THREE servings of lamb, and only two of broccoli, very unlike her. Broccoli is her favorite. We had this with steamed broccoli and mint jelly. Pineapple upside-down cake for dessert. I don't make a lot of lamb, I love it. It's just one of those things that DH eats but doesn't love. And if he eats it, he likes it well done. Which yes, I know I should be having it well done or at least medium well and so should the girls. But here we are. No real recipe, more of a method here I guess.

1/2 lamb shank- 2.5 pounds is the one I had in the freezer
Sea salt
Poultry seasoning
Herbs De Provence



Mix up those spices. Heat oven to 375 degrees. I apologize for the dark coated pan I am using, I was too lazy to pull out a roaster, it's too big, I need one... hmmm honey, if you see this I need a small stainless steel roaster.



Score the fat of the lamb, rub in the spices. Insert your meat thermometer, if it's working, mine died... hmmm honey if you're reading this I need another meat thermometer. I love you.
Roast at 375 for 15 minutes, on a rack if you have one that fits in the pan. After 15 minutes turn the oven to 325.





This little one took exactly an hour. Give or take a few minutes. I had to test it by pushing on it. Since I have no working thermometer... OK I know let it go.







Gorgeous isn't it? Lamb IMO should be eaten medium rare to rare. Unless it's in a stew or something like that.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.