Thursday, November 12, 2015

Let them eat cake! Five cakes for the holidays.

Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
The holidays are fast approaching and I know that means lots of cooking, and lots of desserts! I thought I would round up some cakes. I chose cakes because my kids have been baking so much since we moved this past Spring. They baked the Whole Wheat Carrot cake pictured above and I wanted brag on them a bit,  my 7 and 9 year old did such a great job! It's one of our favorite cakes since early on in our marriage. The carrot cake is moist and flavorful. If you like cheesecake, this Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake has a layer of cheesecake in the middle. So good.


One of my personal favorite cakes is this Peppermint Cheesecake Cake. It's refreshing and festive. But I hoard peppermint chips so I can bake it anytime of the year, because it's that good.

Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Cake
If you prefer chocolate, this Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Cake is for you! The mint chocolate cake with a layer of chocolate mint cheesecake. It's like Andes mints after dinner on steroids. Yes please.

Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
These next two cakes aren't "fancy", not that the previous ones are super fancy, but these are still a crowd pleaser. The first one up- one of my husband's favorite cakes is Strawberry Jello Poke cake. Admittedly I had never tasted it until I met him. It does scream summer to me because, well, Jello. But sometimes after a holiday meal you don't want something too heavy. This whipped topping and Jello is nice and light. I enjoy this cake because it stays so moist and is nice and fruity.

Cream Cheese Pumpkin Spiced Cake.
If you crave something pumpkin after holiday meals that's not pie, this Cream Cheese Pumpkin Spiced cake is a wonderful choice. This recipe does use a boxed spice cake mix, it makes the crumble topping on the custard part of the cake. Nom nom.

Want more sweets? Check the desserts tab but clicking here!

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.