Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

It's PUMPKIN SEASON!!!!! YAY for pumpkin season! This is a recipe I've posted before (HERE), but I've tweaked it and worked on the cream cheese part and it's SO MUCH BETTER. I loved these muffins before and now DROOOL.  I didn't have pumpkin seeds though and I think they would take these over the top.
I made 24 muffins and baked some mini muffins to freeze for Bento packing also.
Find the updated version of this Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake Muffin HERE
Give Peas A Chance Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla
one cardamom seed grated (I didn't have any ground up already- about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon depending on what you like)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
*Cream cheese filling
Chopped nuts** (pumpkin seeds,walnuts, pecans) (optional)

 *Cream cheese filling
8 ounces cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients together except cream cheese and nuts. Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full. Put 1-2 tsp cream cheese mixture in the middle, or fill the tins 3/4 of the way and just top with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cream cheese!). Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Makes 24 muffins, plus some mini muffins
.
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my peas! Those look fabulous! I'll let you know when I try them, because I -will- try them, oh yes, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I just ruined my dinner.. I just made these and had one fresh out of the oven (sans the 5 min cool down) and it was HEAVEN. I didn't have all the spices ( I was out of cinnamon) so I subbed 1 tblsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice and it turned out perfect. I will be making these daily I think LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too! Angela glad you tried them and like them
    Lunch Buckets hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound good, Katherine. thanks for linking them up. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I used ground cardamom, how much do I use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say 1/4 teaspoon or so. It doesn't take too much

      Delete
  6. I want to sub applesauce for part of the oil. How can I do this proportionaly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! I've never subbed the oil for anything but melted butter
      I'm sorry. I would think up to 3/4 applesauce and then the rest oil or butter

      Delete
  7. Just from reading the recipe ........... I would call it Pumpkin Cheesecake Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katherine,

    Looks delicious!

    I am including a link to your recipe in one of my Halloween posts! Please take a look and let me know if you approve of it.

    Maria
    http://www.musicteachingandparenting.com/2013/09/halloween-music-learning-opportinuty-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I love pumpkin and cream cheese...can't go wrong with pumpkin cheesecake muffins! Pinning this one. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.