Monday, September 16, 2013

Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake Muffins


Okay, these are probably my favorite muffin I make. Really. I've copied and pasted the original post below with some changes I made this time, which I puffy hearted. It's a shame my only camera right now is my camera on my phone, I would have liked to update these pictures better. These muffins taste like a moist Pumpkin Spiced cake, with a layer of cheesecake baked right in. I'm renaming them. SO good. I mean it. They are SO good. Try them. Them come back and let me know if you enjoyed them!



It's PUMPKIN SEASON!!!!! YAY for pumpkin season! This is a recipe I've posted before (HERE), but I've tweaked it and worked on the cream cheese part and it's SO MUCH BETTER. I loved these muffins before and now DROOOL.  I didn't have pumpkin seeds though and I think they would take these over the top.
I made 24 muffins and baked some mini muffins to freeze for Bento packing also.

Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake Muffins

(Makes 33 muffins, or 24 muffins and some mini muffins)

4 eggs
2 cups sugar lightly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil  OR 1 1/4 cups melted butter
3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon*
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg*
1 tsp ground cloves*
1 tsp ground ginger*
1 tsp vanilla
one cardamom seed grated (I didn't have any ground up already)*
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin (I added an extra 1/3 cup)

Cheesecake filling
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla

Chopped nuts (pumpkin seeds,walnuts, pecans)
Cinnamon Sugar

  1. Preheat oven to 350. 
  2. Beat together cheesecake filling ingredients, set aside.
  3. Beat eggs and sugar together until combined.
  4. Slowly beat in melted butter.
  5. Stir in flour, spices, and baking soda.
  6. Stir in pumpkin.
  7. Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full. Put 1-2 tsp cream cheese mixture in the middle, or fill the tins 3/4 of the way and just top with cream cheese mixture. 
  8. Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts, and or cinnamon sugar. 
  9. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cheesecake part, it will be wobbly!). Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. 
* If you don't want to mess with all the spices, use pumpkin pie spice. *I used a good 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
* Obviously the original recipe is awesome blossom, but I liked the brown sugar and not using vegetable oil
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. What kind of soda? Coca cola?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another yummy recipe I will have to try! I wish I had all the ingredients to make them right now. They would be perfect on this rainy Saturday evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy them Karen! and it really is rainy, my hip hurts LOL

      Delete
  3. If I am using pumpkin pie spices instead of using all the other different spices, how much do I use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I am going to use the pumpkin pie spice instead of the combo of all the others, how much do I use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lacie! I updated it but 3 teaspoons is what I use.,

      Delete
  5. I'm assuming the 2 cups pumpkin in line 3 of recipe and then again at the end is a duplicate or do you actually add again? Recipe looks yummy and I will have to try, especially after reading all the good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, I'm so sorry, yes that was a duplicate

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.