Okay, these are probably my favorite muffin I make. Really. I've copied and pasted the original post below with some changes I made this time, which I puffy hearted. It's a shame my only camera right now is my camera on my phone, I would have liked to update these pictures better. These muffins taste like a moist Pumpkin Spiced cake, with a layer of cheesecake baked right in. I'm renaming them. SO good. I mean it. They are SO good. Try them. Them come back and let me know if you enjoyed them!
It's PUMPKIN SEASON!!!!! YAY for pumpkin season! This is a recipe I've posted before (HERE), but I've tweaked it and worked on the cream cheese part and it's SO MUCH BETTER. I loved these muffins before and now DROOOL. I didn't have pumpkin seeds though and I think they would take these over the top.
Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake Muffins(Makes 33 muffins, or 24 muffins and some mini muffins)
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil OR 1 1/4 cups melted butter
3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon*
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg*
1 tsp ground cloves*
1 tsp ground ginger*
1 tsp vanilla
one cardamom seed grated (I didn't have any ground up already)*
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin (I added an extra 1/3 cup)
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Chopped nuts (pumpkin seeds,walnuts, pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat together cheesecake filling ingredients, set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until combined.
- Slowly beat in melted butter.
- Stir in flour, spices, and baking soda.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full. Put 1-2 tsp cream cheese mixture in the middle, or fill the tins 3/4 of the way and just top with cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts, and or cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cheesecake part, it will be wobbly!). Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.
* If you don't want to mess with all the spices, use pumpkin pie spice. *I used a good 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
* Obviously the original recipe is awesome blossom, but I liked the brown sugar and not using vegetable oil
Find me on