Friday, March 13, 2009

Steel Cut Oats, Oatmeal

No real recipe I just follow the directions on the can, but this is my favorite oatmeal, the McCann's. So yummy! I love it with butter, brown sugar, a splash of heavy cream and sometimes slivered almonds or pecans. I guess you could add raisins- *shudders*
If you search "oats" or "oatmeal" on the search function other variations will pop up.

Steel Cut Oats

4 cups water
1 cup steel cut oats

Bring water to a boil, add oats. Let simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.

OR

Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 2 hours on low. Some people do overnight, but I find they get mushy.












Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.