Glazed Carrots. There are a few recipes, well, methods for these here on Give Peas A Chance. All the methods are easy. Pick one, season with what your family likes, and DONE. The one's I'm posting today are Green Goddess Glazed. You can use a Green Goddess seasoning, like Penzey's which we really enjoy. OR if you have them, use the herbs and spices from this post HERE.
Some other ideas:
Maple and cinnamon
Dill and butter
2 Cups carrots, cut into about 1-2 inch long pieces (10 ounces, 284 grams)
1-2 tablespoons butter, or ghee
1-2 tablespoons brown sugar, maple syrup, honey (optional)
Pinch of salt
Herbs, spices (pictured is a teaspoon of Green Goddess seasonings)
- Wash and peel carrots, cut diagonally into about 1-2 inch long pieces. Or use baby cut carrots.
- Place one cup of water into the Instant Pot liner.
- Place the carrots into a steamer basket above the water.
- Cook the carrots on HIGH pressure for 3- 4 minutes.
- Once cooked, release the pressure, and remove the steamer basket with carrots. Discard cooking liquid.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto Saute mode NORMAL.
- Add salt, butter or ghee to the pot and let it melt.
- *If sweet glazing add your sweetener.
- Toss cooked carrots into the instant pot, stirring to coat with butter.
- Sprinkle in herbs or spices.
*If you are glazing with maple or brown sugar add it in with the butter.