Thursday, October 8, 2015

Greek Salad Dressing

This Greek salad dressing can be made vegan or paleo.

This Greek Salad dressing. I can drink this dressing up. It's very simple to make, the kids can do this one on their own, just some supervision with the blender! It's tangy, flavorful, and easy to make with ingredients you have on hand. To make this a vegan dressing use sugar instead of honey.
I serve this drizzled on a salad with Greek Chicken. I forgot the goat cheese in this picture! Feta would be awesome also.
You can also use it to marinate chicken.


More on Give Peas A Chance
Greek Chicken Kabobs
Perfect Pita Bread

Give Peas A Chance Greek Salad Dressing

5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest 
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, about 1/2 a lemon
1/2 teaspoon sugar or honey
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4- 1/2  teaspoon dried mint leaves
1/2 cup olive oil

  1. Combine all ingredients into a blender except the olive oil.
  2. Turn the blender on, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil so it emulsifies. Adding the oil in slowly gives you a creamier dressing and ensures that the dressing doesn't "break" and the oil separates.
  3. Makes approximately one cup of dressing.
This can also be done in a food processor.
You can also substitute a teaspoon and a half of my Greek Seasoning blend and make this with the dried mustard, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, and olive oil.  

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.