Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Simple Roasted Garlic Hummus


Hummus... Diva loves hummus. Actually Piglet likes it too. So here is some hummus for you all.



Give Peas A Chance Simple Roasted Garlic Hummus

1 (15oz) can of chickpeas - I rinse them
3 tablespoons or more of tahini
salt
pepper
lemon juice
cayenne pepper
4 cloves roasted garlic (I put them in foil and roast them in the oven, 400 for ... 15-20 minutes)
1/4 cup or less of water depending on the consistency you like
olive oil
Chopped fresh parley for garnish
Dipping items, pita bread, pita chips, fresh vegetables





Put some salt on the roasted garlic (take it out of the paper skin first)







Mask it with the side of a knife.









Place the garlic and all the other ingredients except the olive oil) in the food processor. Put a little of each and adjust seasonings as you go.

Give it a good processing.






Add some olive oil as needed.
Once it is smooth give it a taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
Garnish with parsley if you have it.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.