Monday, April 14, 2014

Roll Your Own Sushi Bar

YUM. We're big fans of sushi, the kids and I. Sometimes it takes too long for me to roll so many rolls. Roll your own/assemble your own sushi to the rescue. Yes, we could just throw it in a bow and Chirashi it, but this is fun also!
All you need are ingredients you like, we had-
Short grain rice. I mixed it with rice wine vinegar, water, and palm sugar. Sometimes I add soy sauce.
Sushi grade fish (We had salmon, I made a spicy salmon with it. Roe, salmon, sriracha, mayo. I didn't have green onion)
Crab stick
Cucumber
Avocado
Roe
Soy Wraps
Nori
Wasabi
Soy Sauce

Other ingredients, even non conventional ones as long as you like them!
Steak
Asparagus (pickled, fresh, blanched)
Pickled ginger
Sesame seeds
Brown rice
Sweet potatoes
Tempura pieces
Cooked fish
Steak (Cowboy roll anyone?)
Cream Cheese
Quail egg
Spam
Carrot and other vegetables
Daikon
etc...


Below is a sashimi platter I had for lunch one day...


Another one below...


Chirashi Bowl
Bento Lunch
Bento Lunch

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.