Monday, March 18, 2013

Manic Monday- April Fools

For this Manic Monday post I thought I would pull up some past April Fools meals, and some other ideas from Give Peas A Chance.
I have no clue what I'm doing this year though.
Do you do anything for April Fools? We don't really, a backwards meal is about all we get around to doing. But it's been fun for the girls, and they talk about it all the time.


Main Dish ideas
Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato icing
 Meatloaf Cake with Mashed Potato Icing
Cauliflower Cupcakes
(Apparently meatloaf is my go to)


Desserts
Sushi Bento
Popcorn cupcakes
Toadstool Fondant
Hamburger/Slider Cupcakes
Grilled Cheese with Peas & Carrots

Other ideas-
Spaghetti and Meatballs (make the meatballs out of cake balls)
Meatball subs- cake ball meatballs, in a pound cake or cupcake bun
Make a layered rice cake- take a spring form pan and put cooked rice at the bottom, add a layer of shredded chicken or pork, add another layer of rice, top with BBQ sauce OR decoratively cut cucumbers and carrots. And the idea sounded cool in my head, but seeing it typed out makes me queasy. Until I saw this HERE, HERE, and HERE. Then I just drooled.
Corn on the Cob cupcakes
Chicken Pot Pie- pie crust with vanilla pudding and peas an carrots candies above as filling
Fruit Pizza
Mini Quiche Cupcakes with Sour Cream icing
Yogurt with a half an apricot in the middle on a plate (for an egg)




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.