Saturday, November 16, 2013

Give Peas A Chance Greek Chicken

This is one of my versions of Greek Chicken, I warn you though I am not Greek. Far from it. But these are the flavors I think of when I think of Greek foods. I could be totally off. But this chicken, along with the Greek Chicken Kabobs linked below are both so good. Wrapped in soft, fluffy Perfect Pita bread, with rice, on top of a salad. The citrus and yogurt tenderize the meat, it comes out moist and flavorful. You'll put this on your menu regularly, we have it on ours! You can also use this marinade on a whole roaster chicken. Just rub the marinade on the inside cavity, under the skin of the chicken, and over the skin before roasting.

Greek Chicken Kabobs
Perfect Pita Bread


Give Peas A Chance Roasted Greek Chicken

6 Chicken Breasts
1/2 Cup Yogurt
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Dried Mint
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
Salt
Pepper
Zest from one Lemon
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary, Crushed/Minced

Mix all the ingredients, except for the chicken breasts in a big bowl. Taste test. Adjust seasonings as needed.
Stir in chicken.
Marinate for 4 hours up to 24 hours.
Grill or broil the chicken until it is cooked through.
Let rest before slicing and/or serving.

-Slice and serve over salads, in Pita bread, or with a side of hummus and Pita bread.
-Try this marinade over a whole roaster chicken also!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.