Saturday, September 14, 2013

Best Baked Potatoes Ever

 I'm not kidding when I say that these are the best baked potatoes. First let me tell you what makes a potato AWESOME. It has to be fluffy in the middle, not dry or mushy, and above all the skin has to be crisp. When you poke your fork into it you have a crisp resistance. Does that makes sense? Sort of like when you take the tip of your spoon and crack the top of creme brulee? Obviously not exactly the same, but sort of. THAT is how I like my baked potato skin. I don't like them all mushy skinned and steamed like. This is so simple it's silly, but bear with me.


Give Peas A Chance Best Baked Potatoes Ever

Baking potatoes- can be Yukon gold, purple, red, also
Olive oil
Salt
Foil


  1. Turn the oven on to 375 degrees (F). You don't have to preheat it, you can prepare the potatoes and put them in the cold oven and turn it on to save energy too.
  2. Scrub and wash the potatoes well, I use a stiff brush.
  3. Pierce the potatoes with a fork, all over. About 10 ish times, it doesn't need to be covered with holes.
  4. Rub a little olive oil on the potatoes.
  5. Wrap each potato individually with foil.
  6. Bake until soft, about one hour.
  7. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
  8. Remove from foil, and place them on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt.
  9. Bake for 10 minutes until the skins are crisp.
  10. Serve with any toppings you like, have a baked potato bar for a meal. So easy.


*I bake my potatoes on a stoneware baking pan, I think this helps the undersides get crisp also.
*I don't eat sweet potato skins so I don't bother crisping them.
* To make these in an Instant Pot, wash the potatoes and pierce them with a fork a few times. Place them on a steaming rack with 1 cup of water underneath in the liner of your Instant Pot. Place the potatoes on the rack and cook them on HIGH PRESSURE for 18 minutes, let the pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Continue with the recipe by rubbing oil on the potatoes and crisping them up in a 425 degree oven. This method works in pinch and makes yummy potatoes. They aren't as fluffy because they are steamed.



Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had a baked potato in a long time, but this looks so good I would love one right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea the kids would even like them Karen, too funny that they loved them.

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.