Thursday, March 28, 2013

Red Curry Glazed Salmon

This is the easiest way to prepare salmon, I'm certain. Okay sashimi is debatable, but let's face it. I butcher salmon while a true sushi chef slices through the buttery pieces like a skilled painter painting his masterpiece on a canvas. I swoon. For shame. Sigh.
Moving on. This Salmon takes 3-4 ingredients. That's it. The salmon. A good curry paste- or make your own. Coconut milk. Red Boat. Or salt. That's it. It's so stinking simple it's silly. You don't even have to use the Red Boat or the salt if your curry paste is flavorful, which it should be with Kaffir leaves, Galangal, garlic, and onion! I made the spinach separately but I bet you could it in the same pan under the salmon. Try preparing your chicken this way also!
A note about store bought items
Red Boat- my favorite fish sauce, and Whole30, Paleo, Primal approved. No sugar in this baby!
Coconut milk- canned, unsweetened, I use Thai kitchen (Thaikitchen.com) . Again okay for Paleo, Primal, and Whole30.
Curry paste- Thai kitchen makes curry paste, that's just spices/herbs. No salt, no preservatives. Gluten free.  Another note about Thai Kitchen, they have dried Kaffir leaves, and dried Galangal root. Not the same as fresh, but I've dehydrated both of these before so why not?
More curry on Give Peas A Chance
Type in "curry" in the search box on the left for more!
All the ones posted here are Whole30, Paleo, Primal compliant.
Gaeng/Kaeng Phet Crispy Duck- omit brown sugar for Whole30

More GPAC on ChowStalker.
 Find me on ChowStalker.
 Click here for more Whole30 posts.

Give Peas A Chance Red Curry Glazed Salmon

4 salmon fillets-check for  those pin bones just in case
1 1/3 cup coconut milk
2-4 teaspoons Red Curry (depending on how much heat you want)
1-2 teaspoons Red Boat or kosher salt to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix all ingredients, except the salmon together
Place the salmon in a baking dish that does not have too much surface area. 
Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking so that you don't over cook the salmon.
Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.

*You don't want to use a big baking dish with a lot of surface area, you want the salmon to be surrounded by the yummy coconut milk!
*You can make one fillet at a time also, I do this for a quick lunch. 1/3 cup coconut milk, curry paste, and the salmon. Really easy.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. My husband was just asking me the other night if I'd add some fish to our menu. This looks great! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.