Thursday, March 28, 2013

Truly FREE Friday

*woke up to a beautiful sunny Friday. Because six hours one Friday long ago was so dark and my Savior was nailed to the cross, forsaken by the Father. So that I may boldly come to the throne of grace. Into marvelous light I go running indeed.*
Good Friday. Officially, here anyway. 0000. I know I should be in bed. It's Passover week. It's Holy Week. It's calm and quiet here, the dishwasher just stopped humming. I'm just reflecting on, freedom. On walking in freedom, in victory. In Christ's victory. Thinking about the amazing gift that salvation is. Amazing. Such an inadequate word. I'm thinking about the Lord restoring the years the locusts have eaten. So many are waiting for restoration, but still walking in freedom as they wait on the Lord. If this is you, I prayed for you tonight. Waiting faithfully is not easy at times. Even when we are not faithful, God is. I'm praying that the same arms that bore the cross up Calvary's hill will hold you close and give you peace.
I have posts scheduled for this weekend. If you aren't around, which is a good thing :) - Happy Resurrection Sunday.

John 8:34-36
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
I wanted to share this song with you and an excerpt from a book below. "We Are Free" is worth listening to. It's not a long song at all. It's free, here's the link. It's from The Gatherings CD, one of my very favorites.

This is an excerpt from one of my favorite books by Max Lucado, this is cut and paste from his site HERE.

Six hours, one Friday.  Mundane to the casual observer.   A shepherd with his sheep, a housewife with her thoughts, a doctor with his patients.  But to a handful of awestruck witnesses, the most maddening of miracles is occurring. God is on a cross.  The creator of the universe is being executed.
It is no normal six hours.  It is no normal Friday.  Far worse than the breaking of his body is the shredding of his heart.  And now his own father is beginning to turn his back on him, leaving him alone. What do you do with that day in history?  What do you do with its claims?  They were the most critical hours in history.
Nails didn’t hold God to a cross.  Love did. The sinless One took on the face of a sinner so that we sinners could take on the face of a saint!
“For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.