Saturday, September 10, 2011

GPAC Satay Sauce- Peanut/nut free

This sauce ROCKS. It's so good. Perfect with chicken satay, lettuce wraps, as a dip for vegetables, and salads. Or try it over noodles. I use Sunbutter, you can use almond butter if you tolerate almonds.
Thai Kitchen makes a paleo/primal compliant curry paste.
Click to find more Whole 30
recipes here on Give Peas A Chance, or use the search function. 

Give Peas A Chance Satay Sauce - Peanut/nut free

2-3 tablespoons Mae Ploy Panang Curry paste- or make your own
3 tablespoons Coconut Sap crystals- (Palm or cane sugar can be used, leave this out for Whole30)
2/3 cup Sunbutter, organic
1 tablespoon Coconut Vinegar
1 can unsweetened coconut milk, shaken
Nam pla- fish sauce to taste

Heat everything in a pot. Stir until smooth and add water as needed. This will keep for a week in the refrigerator. You can re heat it with some water if its too thick.
I've also thrown it all into a vitamix and blended it, you can heat it after or serve as is.

Use this on chicken tenders

Spring  Rolls or vermicelli salad

Thanks to Sunbutter for choosing this recipe as one of their winner in The Sweet Swap recipe contest.
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.