Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Banana bread (bread machine)

 It is so hot here. Or house is so not energy efficient I wish I could fix that but I can't right now. So using the oven/stove less is just how it is in the summers. Of course our grill died so, we're going to have to figure something out. Anyway, today I looked at DH and said, "this is going to sound like a 'duh' statement, but I can bake bread in the bread machine and it won't heat up the house." He was like, yes, that's what those are for. But honestly, I don't bake in that thing, I use it for doughs, jams, granola... everything BUT baking bread. Tonight I decided to try it out. I made this loaf of banana bread in the bread machine and the two posted at the bottom in the oven with my favorite recipe HERE. Well, mostly that recipe, I didn't have everything so I improvised. I also have a Strawberry Banana bread HERE. There is also a simpler Banana bread recipe HERE.
The loaf I made in the bread maker/bread machine was "easier" but it doesn't look so appetizing. I did set the crust on "light". Still, it's not as pretty. It tasted good and the machine didn't heat up the house though. It's a great little loaf. I'm going to try my favorite recipe next time and see if that bakes up.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
2 eggs
2-3 bananas, peeled and mashed (use three if they are small, 2 if they are med-large)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon


Place everything the bread machine.  Select quick bread/batter bread cycle. Once the cycle is running for a couple of minutes and the batter is being mixed open the lid and use a spatula to incorporate any flour or ingredients on the sides of the bowl. If you have a fruit and nut cycle you can add nuts to that compartment and follow instructions for that. Or put the nuts in at the end of the mixing cycle. I wouldn't put it in at the start because the nuts get chopped up from the paddle.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.