Sunday, March 14, 2010

Banana Bread

Banana bread... this is not my go to recipe. I have a fantastic recipe posted HERE, you know one of those that you just have and there's no reason to try another? One of those, the thing about it is it takes a lot  of ingredients. So I tried this one. It's good, it's just  not fantastic. But for simple throw it together banana bread, this is it. Great banana flavor and it baked up beautifully.
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt- I used kosher
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter- softened
1-2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 cups sugar- I used less
4 eggs 
2 cups banana mashed
Chopped nuts (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan. Stir flour, salt and soda together. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Stir in flour. Fold in bananas. Bake 60-70 minutes. I tented it with foil the last 10 minutes of cooking.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.