Monday, March 22, 2010

Strawberry Banana Bread and Banana Bread


EASY PEASY YUMMY.
Banana bread and Strawberry Banana bread. Diva helped my mash bananas and I pureed fresh berries in a blender. Great for breakfast, brunch, or a snack.
Although this is still our favorite Banana Bread. This is good and adaptable!




Give Peas A Chance Strawberry Banana Bread

Sift-
3 c flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon

wet ingredients-
3/4 c butter, softened
2 1/4 c sugar
3 eggs beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla (yes, you read that right- we like vanilla)
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoons lemon juice



2/3 c Strawberry Puree
1/2 cup walnuts or more
5 ripe mashed bananas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Prepare two loaf pans.   Beat the eggs and butter until light. Add remaining wet ingredients. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients. Add bananas and nuts. (I did two loaves, one without strawberries so I put half the batter in a loaf pan first then folded in the strawberries and filled the other pan). Bake for 40-60 minutes.






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.