Saturday, April 26, 2008

Best Banana Bread EVER




This banana bread is the best recipe I have ever tried. Sure it has more ingredients than the standard recipe but it's so good. And worth it. I didn't put walnuts in mine, I love walnuts but Diva doesn't tolerate them to well, in spite what the allergist says. So I skip them. Sometimes I do one loaf with and one without, but I decided one loaf was going to church and we'd eat the other. I got the recipe off of a forum I post on. I did get permission from the poster. I have added a few things but it's pretty true to what she posted.

July 2019- 
This is still our go to banana bread recipe. I updated a few pictures where I baked the banana beads with thin slices of bananas on top. I also added a simple flour, sugar, butter, and cinnamon crumb topping before baking.



Here are the steps for this easy bread, scroll down for the recipe.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift the dry ingredients...







Better yet, have your three year old do it. Diva loves to sift, if your kids are messy have them sift onto parchment paper.









Cream the butter and sugar.








Add the rest of the wet ingredients ...







Mix well.









Mash the bananas, or have your three year old do it.







Add the bananas and nuts if using.








Gently fold in until incorporated the dry ingredients, don't over mix it.







Divide it between two loaf pans. I couldn't find the top of my pampered chef flower tube I was so upset, but there you go.








Bake 45-50 minutes or until tested with a toothpick for doneness. If the tops brown to fast tent LIGHTLY with foil





Banana Bread



Sift-
3 c flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cloves
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3 teaspoons cinnamon

wet ingredients-
3/4 c butter, softened
2 1/4 c sugar*
3 eggs beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoons lemon juice
2/3 c applesauce


1/2 cup walnuts or more
5 ripe mashed bananas
*I've used 1/2 brown sugar, 1/2 granulated cane and I like that flavor

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Sift the dry iingredients together.
  3. Cream the butter and sugar
  4. Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the butter and sugar.
  5. Mix well.
  6. Mash the bananas.
  7. Add the bananas and nuts to the wet ingredients.
  8. Gently fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients don't over mix.
  9. Divide it between two loaf pans. 
  10. Bake 45-50 minutes or until tested with a toothpick for doneness. If the tops brown to fast tent LIGHTLY with foil



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.