Friday, November 5, 2010

Zuppa Tuscona made light

I apologize for these pictures. But the soup is amazing even without the cream!  Here is the original recipe I make LINK. The bowl above has a kale chip on top. That I made with bacon grease. I know right, but they were so good. I did use bacon grease in the soup for flavor because I subbed Italian sausage for ground turkey.

Skinny Zuppa Tuscona
5-6 slices of bacon
Italian Sausage out of casings- browned, this time I used ground turkey and sausage seasonings
1 med diced onion
1 garlic clove minced
Kale leaves sliced
Chicken broth
Black pepper
Red pepper flakes
salt to taste
1 can navy beans drained, half the beans mashed with a fork

Chopped onion, my sausage seasoning blend, minced garlic and sliced bacon.
Once the bacon is cooked crisp, add the onion and garlic. Cook until crisp tender. (add the red pepper flakes also)
Add the ground turkey and sausage spices/seasonings. Cook turkey through and browned.
Add broth and bring to a boil. Add kale to the pot.
 Simmer until the kale is tender.
Add the beans and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
 We also had over done kale chips and dipping bread.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I made this soup with the kale chips and the dipping bread and it was a hit! Super simple and delish! I used Italian sausage instead of the turkey burger and seasoned the kale chips with garlic salt, YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.