Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rosemary Dipping Bread

I got this recipe off of one of the forums I frequent. It's a pretty good knock off of Macaroni Grill's bread. I put everything in my bread maker on the dough cycle but you can certainly do it all by hand. SAF is a brand of yeast. I used whatever I had on hand. I also didn't butter the tops of my bread, I sprinkled with a Pink Himalayan salt - bottom picture and a Red Hawaiian salt top picture. I doubled the recipe easily. Next time I will play with the flavors a bit, the bread was good and easy to make, just not as flavorful as it could be. We did use a dipping oil- garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh cracked pepper and olive oil. The girls also had Parmesan cheese in their oil. I forgot to add I didn't lightly grease my pan I just put the bread on some cornmeal.
Looking for Finishing Salts? Visit Love Abounds.

Macaroni Grill Bread- Copycat recipe
1 Tbsp SAF yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (or 1 Tbsp fresh)
Topping:
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (or 1 Tbsp fresh)
Salt

Mix yeast, sugar, and water till frothy. Add 2 cups of the flour, salt, oil and rosemary and mix till smooth. Add enough flour to make a soft dough. Form into a round loaf and place on a lightly greased pan. Brush the loaf with butter using a pastry brush. It will be really wet. Sprinkle with rosemary and salt. Let rise till doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake in a 450 oven for about 18-20 minutes. Serve with balsamic vinegar and olive oil if desired.

*If you don’t have SAF yeast, let dough rise once in bowl. Punch down and then form round loaf. Let dough rise one more time.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.