Sunday, May 18, 2008

Zuppa Tuscona

,



I love this soup, it's my favorite soup at the olive garden, I do like it better at home because I can cook the kale to my liking I don't like it too well done or mushy. It's an easy soup to make!

Italian Sausage out of casings- browned
2 medium potatoes cut into slices
1 med diced onion
1 garlic clove minced
Kale leaves sliced
Chicken broth
Black pepper
Red pepper flakes
1/2 cup heavy cream





Diced onion.








Heat a little bit of oil if needed to sweat the onions on medium low heat.







Sweat them until they are soft.








Wash and slice the kale leaves.








Add sausage to onion mixture the pot.








Cover with broth.






Bring to a boil then add the potatoes.











Bring up to a boil then turn to a simmer.







Add black pepper and red pepper flakes.






When potatoes are almost done...









Add all the kale, it will wilt.









I love that vibrant green.









Once it is wilted and tender stir in heavy cream and serve.
Pin It!