Saturday, May 17, 2008

Zuppa Tuscona


I love this soup, it's my favorite soup at the olive garden, I do like it better at home because I can cook the kale to my liking I don't like it too well done or mushy. It's an easy soup to make!










Zuppa Tuscona 

1 pound Italian Sausage out of casings- browned
2 medium potatoes cut into slices
1 med diced onion
2 garlic cloves minced
Black pepper
Salt
Red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
5 -7 cups of Kale leaves, thick ribs removed
Chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream


  1. Wash and slice the kale leaves. Set aside.
  2. Heat a little bit of oil to sweat the onions on medium low heat.
  3. Add sausage to onion mixture in the pot, add spices.
  4. Add potatoes.
  5. Cover with broth.
  6. Bring to a boil.
  7. Cook until the potatoes are almost done.
  8. Add kale, cook until wilted.
  9. Stir in cream before serving.









Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. OMG... now I am going to have to buy ingredients to make this - I LOVE that soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it is summer I think I have to try this too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.