Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cloth Diapers Part 3 Prefold folds (jelly roll and my favorite fold)

My favorite prefold fold is the one pictured above. As far as I know,  there is no name for it. It's a jelly roll with bikini twist. The jelly roll sides holds everything in and the bikini twist makes it trim in the crotch. LOVE LOVE this fold.
Cloth diaper Posts
Part One.
Part Two.
Part Three.
Part Four.

1- Roll the two long sides of the prefold in like you would a jelly roll.

2- I hold the prefold together, lift the baby/toddler up by the legs and slide the prefold under. With the back fanned out a bit. You can also fold down the back to adjust the rise or fold down the front later.
3-  For a regular Jelly roll fold bring up the front, fan out the front and fasten with a snappi or two pins. With both pins and snappis I put the front side tabs flush against baby's skin then put the back side tabs OVER them. Then I pin or snappi it that way.
4- Jelly roll fold with front folded down. Fastened with a snappi. It's too wide in the crotch for me.
 After step two I like to bikni twist the middle. This makes the diaper more trim and gives it more layers of absorbency. It also makes a little pocket in the back for.. solids.
See the little pocket?
Still trim. Ready for a cover.
I love the way the rolls on the sides help hold things in also.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Great tip, I am having trouble with the bulk in the jellyroll. Can't wait to try this when my girls get up from their naps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YW! I hope it works for you! LMK!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.